York University Student Investment Fund (YUSIF) was initiated with the goal of educating students and outperforming the market. YUSIF is a fund managed by managed by a Chief Investment Strategist (Percil Parikh, BBA’17) and a Portfolio Manager (Yash Patel, BBA’17) as well as a team of skilled equity analysts and supported by alumni and friends. Students will apply course theory and learn to manage the real-life risks and rewards of asset management.
Overview of Benefits
Benefits to Students
- Students have an opportunity to apply their education to manage real capital.
- YUSIF analysts host a variety of workshops and events throughout the school year meant to educate the broader student body on a variety of financial concepts that are valuable during the recruitment process.
- In the long-term, investment returns will be redistributed to students in the form of scholarships and financial aid.
- Students will benefit by working with diverse teams, and networking with YUSIF’s alumni.
Benefits to York University
- YUSIF enhances the reach and reputation of York University amongst many investment firms.
- Providing a unique way to support York University as donors and volunteers, and to benefit students.
- Experiential learning adds to student’s recruitment power and strengthens ties with alumni and prospective recruiters.
- York University will be able to use investment returns to provide financial aid for students in need.
Benefits to Employers
- YUSIF analysts will gain experience that prepares them for a smooth transition into careers in the investment industry.
- Engaging YUSIF as an advisor will put employers directly in touch with talented and driven students.
- Various industry have the opportunity to volunteer as guest speakers, passing on valuable knowledge and promoting the values of their firm.
- Engagement as advisors will put employers in touch with talented students, helping them learn the career skills they need.